8 sessions per month
If a student's IEP requires 8 sessions per month, that can easily be accomplished by assigning the student 2 weekly sessions.
6 sessions per month
What if a student's IEP requires 6 sessions per month?
Keeping in mind that the schedules generated by SLP Scheduler are meant to be repeated weekly, you can create a weekly schedule in which you assign the student 2 weekly sessions. This will provide 8 sessions for that student throughout a given month ... and you can simply plan to (manually) SKIP 2 of those 8 sessions each month.
Here's an example breakdown for sample student Julie. If Julie's IEP requires 6 sessions per month, here's how I'd recommend entering:
Student - Julie
- Weekly session #1 - 30 minutes per week
- Weekly session #2 - 30 minutes per week
This will result in a schedule where Julie has 2 times blocked off each week. Let's call "Time A" the time scheduled for session #1, and "Time B" for session 2.
So, the month would look like this:
- Week #1, session #1 - 30 minutes @ Time A
- Week #1, session #2 - 30 minutes @ Time B
- Week #2, session #1 - 30 minutes @ Time A
- Week #2, session #2 - 30 minutes @ Time B
- Week #3, session #1 - 30 minutes @ Time A
- Week #3, session #2 - 30 minutes @ Time B
- Week #4, session #1 - SKIP @ Time A
- Week #4, session #2 - SKIP @ Time B
It doesn't matter which 2 monthly sessions you skip -- that part would be up to you. The end result is 6x30 = 180 minutes each month.
This arrangement nets 6 sessions per month AND lets you keep the structure of a single weekly schedule.
What about [another number] of sessions per month?
This same logic can be applied for any scenario where a student's IEP requires a number of monthly sessions that is not a multiple of 4 (such as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, etc.).
Customer support service by UserEcho